Re: Van Gogh & new show coming

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 22:25:38 -0400

Keep an open mind and ear. When I taught a lesson on Gauguin, some
books stated that Van Gogh cut his ear off because of a horrid fight
and who knows sick love passion between the 2. Van Gogh's
Brother(Theo) was Gauguin's Agent. the two shared living and
studios for awhile. At least up until "the incident". When doing Van
Gogh there is no mention of Gauguin. However it's a legend as James
Dean and Pollack, just the image of him up a tree, dead, with a
stare and no known imperfection otherwise is a thrill. I know sick!
What an image none the less. It's so BERRY FELLINI!

All those in Washington D.C. New show: "Van Gogh's Masterpieces from
the
Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam" At the National Gallery of Art in D.C.
October 4-January 3, 1999
At the L.A. County Museum of Art from Jan. 17th- April 4th, 1999
Wowee!!! Wish I could go.

Sandra S.-B.

--
john barrick