art teacher & artist

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
gregjuli
Fri, 02 Oct 1998 19:58:34 -0500

Hi all,
I agree that it is good to share the artist part of of you with the students.
Isn't that part of the reason we are in the field we have choosen? I have hung
my paintings and other types of artwork ( textiles and weavings) in the room
and the children have enjoyed looking about talking about them with great
interest ( and this is middle school!). I laugh when they say,"you did that-
wow" They need to see our connection to the art world and that it involves more
than just teaching art. It is good for them to see and hear from us the passion
we feel for art.
MaryB