Re: Picasso Quote

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Litesal (Litesal)
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 19:32:28 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: shildret <shildret>
To: artsednet.edu <artsednet.edu>
Date: Friday, October 02, 1998 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: Picasso Quote

Sandra Hildreth wrote (snippets):

I work pretty intensely on my own artwork at home, when I
>have time - and I don't bring it to school or share much of my "artist"
>side with my students. My artwork is for me.

When I'm at school, I'm an
>art teacher and I also work pretty intensely, but I do think it is a
>whole different way of approaching things. When I'm at home and working on
my own stuff, I am quiet, alone,
>meditative, etc. - it's a completely different world.

Dear Sandra and all,

I agree that teaching and art making are two separate skills. However, I
think it's a mistake not to share your "artist" self with your students.
When they see what you do as an artist, they respect your opinion so much
more (provided the art work is good, lol). In addition, they see that art
is an important part of your life, a passion, and that you're not just
teaching for a paycheck. They see that you honestly want to share something
you love.

Sincerely, Leah