Art Ed Chat Rooms

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Katherine Giltinan (k.giltinan)
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 20:39:44 -0600

Dear Readers,
Of course we should do it! What possible argument could be against it?
Seriously.

Judging from the volume of e-mail I've gotten since joining artsednet,
there is a demand for better communication among art teachers. If we build
it; they will come. (Hmmmmm...Where have I heard that?)

As for names, here are a few off the top of my head:
The Art Room-Art Ed's Cafe-Art's Pedagogy Parlour-ArtEdNet Forum-Getty
Salon-Calliope's Garden-J.Paul's Lounge-

Michelle, I will read what you suggest on setting up a space. The nuts and
bolts - code writing - nitty gritty of the project isn't where my heart is
though.

My dream chat room has live scheduled, moderated talks on relevant current
affairs. Additionally, newsmakers, artists, and pioneer art educators would
make scheduled, as well as unannounced, on-line visits to us. For
instance, An Evening With Robert Hughes and Sister Wendy Beckett.:-) We
could, also, have on-line seminars, conducted by visiting professors. And,
authors might particpate in discussions of new texts, articles and books
(perhaps, following Oprah's very successful model of an electronic
bookclub).