Re: endangered species

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chaney (lchaney)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 21:27:42 -0600

Sara,

With first graders last year we discussed table etiquette. Students took
construction paper for a place mat or table and decorated with oil pastels. A
paper plate was glued to the center and a real napkin to the left of the
plate. We discussed the different ways that people may set the table at home.
Students shared ways. Silverware was made from gray paper, and glued in
place. Dixie cups were glued to the paper place mat to finish it off. We then
discussed patterns. Markers were used to decorate the paper plates like fine
china. Napkins could also be decorated.

Students create a meal on the plate for Thanksgiving dinner. Paper turkey,
peas made from hole punches on green paper, a paper towel crumpled up and glued
for mashed potatoes. Last but not least we discussed table manners. Students
created a list of manners which was hung in the cafeteria along with their
projects.

Melissa Chaney
K-12
Midway School