Re: Ross Art Paste

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert M. Scurfield (scurfield)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 13:09:03 -0600

Maggie White wrote:

> I have seen a couple of references to Ross Art Paste here recently, in different
> contexts. What is it, that it's so versatile? Is it something you mix like wheat
> paste? What are the advantages of it over wheat paste, Elmer's, or rubber cement?
>
> Maggie**remove x in address to reply

Hi Maggie!

Ross Art Paste is the answer to wheat paste for paper mache. It comes
in a little box for around $2.50, a powder which you mix with a quart of
cool water, stirring for about three minutes. After it sets for another
fifteen minutes it is ready to use. It makes a clear slippery glue
which doesn't turn rancid like wheat paste. I really like to use it
with the bulletin board paper (roll racks in elementary schools) for
paper mache. One solid color is already complete and details and
patterns can be painted on. It also works well for a tissue paper glue.
I'd also like to hear other people's thoughts on various uses.
Also, anyone in the Wichita, Kansas area, I called Ebersole's (west
side of Wichita) and they have agreed to carry it for us. They called a
month ago and it is now in stock. In the past I've always had to order
it from Dick Blick or whoever.