Re: What do you think of this?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
robertb713
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:23:25 -0600

Sounds like you have a right to be upset. When we have an artist work in
schools, one of the conditions is that they must be willing and capable
of working with the students. We are currently working on a mural which
reflects our history. The instructor teaches the class history, but also
has them drawing, sketching and painting a mural. If the students aren't
involved they won't respect the work, and chances are the piece will get
vandalized soon after it is painted. Speak to the principal and tell him
your concerns - maybe he thought you just weren't interested in doing the
project yourself, although he should have asked you anyway or at least
ask for suggestions for choosing an appropriate artist.