Re: Cimabue and Giotto

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:03:17 GMT

To: Marilyn.JudaOrlandi
From: rojul (Rosa Juliusdottir)
Subject: Re: Cimabue and Giot
Cc: newartsednet

Hi Marilyn. I have done little frescos with my young students and told them
about Giotto and other italian painters of frescos. I made a gesso mixture
and let it harden in a tray( I forget the name of the material, they use
such trays for meat in the supermarket). Then they painted on the slabs of
gesso with thin tempera colours( you could certainly make egg tempera with
them. Afterwards a put some non shine varnish on them and hung them up for
display where everyone in our school commented on how great they looked.
Hope this helps, regards from the far north Rosa