Re: The Art Teachers Book of Lists

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Maggie White (mwhite)
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:42:33 -0800

Michelle Vidro wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen The Art Teachers Book of Lists by Helen D. Hume?
> I just received a 30 day free trial offer for it and i'm wondering if it's
> good or worth the $30 they want for it after the trial offer ends. <snip>
> Helen Hume is also the author of other art education books:
> A Survival Kit for the Secondary School Art Teacher
> Art History and Appreciation Activities Kit
> Amaerican Art Appreciation Activities Kit
> all published by Prentice Hall.
>
> I have never seen any of them, so if you have any opinions, thanks.

Michelle,

I have both her previous books and they are a gold mine of info. I refer frequently to
the AH Kit, which comes with slides, when I teach AH. The lesson plans are really good,
not busy work. She's also a great presenter at the NAEA conventions if you ever have a
chance to attend one. When I met her by chance at breakfast in Houston a couple years
ago, I was falling all over myself, like I'd just met Elvis or something. She invited
me to sit with her; I felt so honored. The Book of Lists sounds interesting. I
purchase her books out of my own pocket and write it off on my taxes.

Maggie**remove x in address to reply