Re: censorship

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
carla harwitt (charwitt.us)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 22:52:19 -0800 (PST)

I teach AP Art History, and I want the freedom to look at, discuss, etc.
whatever I think is important for this subject. So I have each parent sign
the following release form:

Highly Gifted Magnet
North Hollywood High School
September 8, 1997

Dear Parents and Guardians:

As you know, this course is an introduction to art history. We
will examine major forms of artistic expression from the past as well as
the present and from a variety of cultures. The students will learn to
look at works of art critically, with intelligence and sensitivity, and to
articulate what they see or experience. As part of this process, we will
be looking at various works of art in different media from different times
by different cultures. Some of this art involves the naked human form.
Please signify, by signing where indicated below, your permission
for your son or daughter to view, write about, copy, discuss, and explain
works (including but not limited to slides, photographs, videos, statues,
and computer programs) involving naked human forms and interactions. You
acknowledge that there is an important educational purpose in studying
these items as part of an Art History course.

Sincerely,

Carla Schiller

Your signature below confirms your permission for and consent to the
above.

Signature of parent/guardian Name of parent/guardian
(please print)

Date Student's name(please print)

Feel free to use or modify this form if you find it useful!
--Carla in LA