Re: texture

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Charles Gareri (cgareri)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:13:36 -0500

Stacy_Hedrick.az.us wrote:

> Hi everyone...I am going to start a unit on texture with first and
> second
> graders...first does anyone have anything out of the ordinary for me
> try...and second can you give me some tips on how to talk about
> texture using
> art history or showing the students artists work. Anything is greatly
>
> appreciated.....thanks stacy
> This message sent through Glendale Elementary School District
> FirstClass
> gateway
> .

If you have some clay you could have each student roll up about a
dozen or so golf ball size pieces of clay, give them some thin plastic
(like dry cleaner bag) then let them go all over the room stamping the
soft clay (have them put the plastic between the clay and the item they
are stamping). I'll bet they will want a dozen more pieces of clay.
Clay is made to be textureized!

--
                         (. .)

Charlie Gareri E-mail cgareri Home Page http://www.netride.com/users/cgareri Pike High School/Art Dept./Indianapolis Indiana USA .oooO -------------( )-----Oooo.------------------------- \ ( ( ) \_) ) / (_/