RE: halloween

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sears, Ellen (ESears.us)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 11:50:57 -0500

Two ideas -

I have had the kids create a Halloween scene using foreground, midground
and background... incorporating the usual haunted house, fence, whatever
they can put into it. We also use overlaping etc... we have used the
prepared scratch art paper (red, yellow, green, blue background...)
Look for texture on the tree branches, details and patterns on the rest
- depending on age...

I have fun with the book "Rattle Your Bones - skeleton drawing fun" by
David Clemesha and Andrea Griffing Zimmerman. (Sometimes I wonder
where, how and why I have some of the books I do...) I use the manikins
in different poses and we create skeleton parades using chalk on black
paper... for older kids - we go for creating space in our picture too.
The book shows different ways to create skeletons, some different
activities and a chapter on skeletons in art... The book was $2.50,
published in 1991, 60 pp.

Pumkin faces to show different emotions...
Ellen