[Fwd: source of The Dragon Story]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Judith Auslander (judith)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 19:13:47 -0700

--------------670A03AABF9C5A4CBD5401CE

For those of you who enjoyed the Dragon Story, here is a letter from the
originator of the tale. Judith

--------------670A03AABF9C5A4CBD5401CE

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 15:43:37 +0000
From: Harlynne Geisler <storybag>
Subject: source of The Dragon Story
Sender: Discussions of storytelling <STORYTELL>
To: Multiple recipients of list STORYTELL <STORYTELL>

THE DRAGON STORY
>Carol wrote and asked for the story I recently used successfully with a
>kindergarten group.>I have deleted the original copy I received from
Barra G. Jacob-McDowell>but will type in a shortened version of the
original hard copy. I adapted>mine considerably and assume anyone else
will also put their own spin on>it. It's a fun story to work with.
>From Barra:>" Wondered if you are familiar with the King who Loved
Dragons". I have>heard Joe Healy tell this - don't know the source -
Ellouise D Schoettler

To Carol, Barra, Ellouise, and Joe and everyone else telling the Dragon
Story. I am the original author of this original story which is inspired
by Chinese folklore. I first published it in The Story Bag; A National
Storytelling Newsletter and then reprinted it in my book Storytelling
Professionally; The Nuts and Bolts of a Working Performer. I am happy to
have people adapt and tell it but I would like you to say that I am the
author and that it is from my book Storytelling Professionally. I do not
ask any pay for this, other than to encourage you to buy my book so that
you can read the original version and repay me slightly.

Harlynne Geisler
Harlynne Geisler
www.swiftsite.com/storyteller
Author, Storytelling Professionally; The Nuts and Bolts of a Working Performer
Editor, The Story Bag; A National Storytelling Newsletter
E-mail storybag for further information

--------------670A03AABF9C5A4CBD5401CE--