Re: Dia de los Muertos

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 22:26:34 -0500

Anel and Belia,

I can understand why some people might think that making artifacts without
knowledge of the culture in which they originate can be tacky and
disrespectful, but I try to be sensitive to that and we discuss the issue
of authenticity in each class. Besides, these el esquelitos are awsome! And
the eighth grade is learning Spanish and interesting things about the
Mexican people, they're using a different scale, exploring human anatomy,
and they're also practicing drawing, collage, and painting, too!

Thanks for your support!

Mark