Re: Totem Poles

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Rosa Juliusdottir (rojul)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:41:03 GMT

Hi! May I also put in my few cents worth. I think there are so many ways to
make and use masks and it is and has been done by so many cultures not just
the Africans. So my feeling is that we can introduce our students to
different types of masks; African, Eskimo(now called Inuites)finger masks,
Japanese and also Italian, plus many others. So maybe we should wonder why
do many cultures use masks and how do they use it, also is it possible
that we all wear unvisible masks everyday? What are those? Then after lots
of introduction and history we can make (our students) our own masks,
possibly a face we want to wear at certain times and for certain reasons.
Just a thought. Regards from the far north, Rosa
We also look at masks the Vikings made in our school.