Re: Leaves and trees

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Smurthwaite (quintus)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:00:54 -0400

neal rosenblum wrote:

> This should be a really simple request for all of you art teachers. But
> I could use some help. I teach first grade. What are some really
> creative and artsy ways to explore the fall, leaves, and trees.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> neal rosenblum
> Boulder, CO

- Drop Indian Ink onto paper and blow with straws to get branching.
Draw leaves or sponge paint green, yellow, orange, red

- make "Y" trees with brown strips of paper (to show how trees branch)
We make about 4 (for a whole forest) and sponge paint leaves.
We then use the eraser on a pencil and dip it into red paint and dot
for apples. Some apples have fallen on the ground.

- use clay and roll out, trace a big leaf and cut out of clay, put the
clay into a paper bowl. Fire when dry then glaze and fire again.
voila', a clay leaf dish.

- Draw a tree trunk with crayon, draw tree leaves like a big cloud. Go
outside and find some leaves, trace them into the cloud of the tree.
Color them with crayon. Paint the tree with green water color for
crayon resist.

- I saw where kids laid leaves onto a paper and someone spray painted
over them. They drew in the veins.

Good luck.

Kelly in CT