Re: A&E.O-environmental design

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sidnie Miller (sidmill.us)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 19:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

I'm getting a little off the topic, but the idea that someone must
care for work forever really pops up when you deal with murals and
various painted buildings. Cities are hesitant to want public art
outside because of the upkeep--not any janitor with a paint brush can
repair damage due to vandals, weather etc. The artist ends up
having to make a contract with the city or business which owns the
building to maintain it and keep it looking good. For how many years??
At what cost?? Do you want to do it forever?? Can the business just
get tired of it and paint it over?? Interesting thoughts. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko Junior High School #
# 777 Country Club Drive #
# Elko, NV 89801 #