Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.

Lesson Plans

Re: overseas/reservation teaching

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Merriam (
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 16:42:17 +0000

You can work either for the BIA or public schools on the reservations.
I work in a public school, and I guess you could look at a map and see
what communities are on reservations, then write to schools in them.
Or you can apply with the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA). That is a
federal government program, so you need to get their paperwork and
fill it out. I was just talking to the librarian at our local BIA and
there are 6 openings.
Also, I just noticed that the public school district I work for,
Kayenta Unified Schools, Box 337, Kayenta, AZ 86033
is looking for a certified specialist for the Primary (grades K-2).
That school seems to either have a music teacher or an art teacher...
not both. So... there might be a job there!
Chris Merriam
Kayenta Intermediate School