RE: A&E-Garbage Art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
craig roland (rol1851.EDU)
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 19:25:28 -0500

Kristin wrote:

>hello. we are taking an eighth grade class to the local dump, oops, i
>mean recycling center to gather other people's garbage and then using it
>as material for an series of sculptures that address environmental
>issues. we are using Miele Ukeles, the Harrisons, and Christo as
>examples of environmental artists. has anyone done something similar?
>Does anyone know of any other contemporary artists we might use as
>examples of environmental artist/activists? thanks.

Check out:

Re(f)use - http://www.dia.org/archives_resources/reuse/reuse.htm

Garbage - http://www.artcity.com/exhibition/garbage/garbage1.html

Craig

CRAIG ROLAND. Associate Professor-Art Education.
Department of Art, FAC 302, University of Florida, Gainesville Florida.
32611-5801. (352) 392-9165 - Art Ed Office (352) 392-8453 - Fax
http://grove.ufl.edu/~rolandc/homepage.html
new email address: rolandc