Re: lesson plans

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Mark Alexander (mamjam)
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 07:07:40 -0500

Dear Amy Newton,

When I was getting my Art Teacher's Certificate, I too was stumped by the
number and variety of lesson plan formats. During my student teaching, I
decided to stick with the best one I had found, making adjustments as I
needed. Keeping essentially the same format helps me a lot. While it isn't
perfect, I do feel comfortable with it because I know it well. When I write
a new lesson, I just open a template and fill it in!

This one is based on DBAE, although I don't always use the Objective format
that way.

I hope this helps,

Mark

-------------Lesson Plan Template:

Title:

Grade Level:
Time Needed:

1. OBJECTIVES
Art History:
Art Production:
Art Criticism:
Aesthetics:

2. MATERIALS:

3. RESOURCES:
Bibliography:
Art Reproductions:

4. VOCABULARY:

5. PLANNING AND PREPARATION:

6a. INSTRUCTIONAL MOTIVATION:

6b. DEMONSTRATION:

6c. CLOSURE:

7. ACTIVITY / PROCEDURE:

8a. CRITIQUE:

8b. EVALUATION:

At 6:50 PM 10/7/97, Amy Newton wrote:
>Hi. My name is Amy Newton. I am a post-graduate (B.S. in Broadcasing)
>seeking an art education teaching certification at Northern Arizona
>University in Flagstaff, AZ. I am currently taking Art in the
>Elementary School and High School Art Teaching Methods.
>
>The problem that I find is in formulating lesson plans. I have run across
>hundreds of examples. But, no two are in the same format.
>
>The question I have is: is there a set outline or format for a lesson
>plan that will be easy enough for me to follow while I am still in the
>learning stage?
>
>I appreciate any help. I need to get consistant!
>
>Thanx,
>Amy Newton
>an24.edu

Mark Alexander