Re:Wax Resist Removal

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Numo Jaeger and Michael Miller (jaegmil)
Thu, 02 Oct 1997 23:22:08 -0400

Kim,

One method to remove medium to small areas of wax resist on bisqueware is
to use a metal rib scraper and lift off the contaminated area.

The trick to using this method is getting the metal scrapper slightly
outside the contaminated area and lifting off some of the underlying
bisqued clay under the wax.

After you have done this procedure, lightly sand the area.

Numo Jaeger
Studio One
jaegmil
At 08:59 PM 10/2/97 -0000, you wrote:
>I teach 3 classes of handbuilt ceramics at the junior high level. I would
like to know if there is any way to remove wax resist from bisqueware? The
kids get the wax resist on their work where they want glaze to show and
running it through the kiln is so time consuming. Any suggestions?