Re: Jacob Lawrence and cave art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Elizabeth Reese (reese)
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 21:30:35 CST6CDT

From: Grand94
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 17:34:10 -0500
To: artsednet
Subject: Jacob Lawrence and cave art

I have two questions: 1) I would appreciate any information
telling me if Jacob Lawrence is still alive as of October 28,
1996.

2) I would also appreciate any information or lesson plans on
cave art.

Thank you.

Dear "Grand94",

Yes, Jacob Lawrence is still alive!!! In fact, he is in Dallas
this week accepting the Algur H. Meadows Award for Excellence in
the Arts, and will be featured tomorrow at a Teacher's Workshop
being held by the Meadows Museum at Southern Methodist
University. Consequent to the award, the Meadows Museum is
exhibiting "Jacob Lawrence: Paintings from Two Series, 1941 &
1994" through December 6, 1996; the two series are "The
Migration of the Negro" (1940-41) and the "Supermarket" series
(1994). Information on the artist, the award, and teacher
resource materials will be available on the web by Thanksgiving.

The Museum is open Monday-Tuesday, 10am-5pm; Thursday-Saturday,
10am-5pm; Sunday, 1pm-5pm.

Happy Hall'ween!

Elizabeth Reese
Marcus Fellow (and Meadows Museum Intern)
UNT