Re: CLIA conference

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Ronald F Bennett (rbennett)
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 19:54:13 -0400

Bob Whitelaw wrote:

> Hi Peggy,
> I saw your note on arts ed net DIGEST about the CLIA conference and wondered
> if you had any more info on "The Creative Ticket To Student Success"? Also
> would like names and e-mail of people who presented papers or workshops that
> were interesting. I am a Fine Arts consultant for a school board in Nova
> Scotia and am particularly interested in innovative curriculum ideas in art,
> music and drama.
> Is that broad enough?!
> Fran Whitelaw
> nstn1036

Dear Bob,

There is a special site on the internet about the "Creative Ticket To
Sucess" campaign. The campaign is in full swing, and should be coming to
your state. We
had the kick-off inthe Senate caucus chambers in Washington last week.
get more info on the program, check out the website at:

http://kennedy-center.org/learn/html/kcaaen.html

Do make an effort to support the local campaigns in your area. The site
lists at least some of these, and will be being updated to as new
information is available.

Here are some of the presenters from CLIA if your want their addresses I
suggest you contact Ray Doughty at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
29733, E-mail doughtyr
Norma Settlemyre Conflict resolution workshop excellent
Wicklothian/Celtic Music w/ John Trexler and Pat Talbert 704-372-3922
excellent
Carol Collins Theater Workshop Literature and Theater excellent she was
from Clemson University Writing and Performing Across Cultures P.O. Box
341505 Clemson, SC 29634
Jill O'Neil Sound Design Workshop super
Jeanette Guinn with SC Arts Commission my favorite
The Harrells Music and Culture of Africa wonderful
Betty Plumb Leadership and Arts Advocacy very inspiring
Craig Roland "Teaching Thinking Skills in the Visual Arts Class" super
super
Katherine Lee Dance workshop SC Dance Education Association
Well this is what I remember off hand and everyone of them get a 10 from
me. We also had the state music and art coordinators from the state
department of education speak along with a computer workshop in Hyper
Studio. Hope this helps you out.

Peggy Bennett
Marrington Elementary
101 Gearing Street
Goose Creek, SC 29445
writing from my home in Moncks Corner, SC