Re: Working with Moroles

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 11:13:20 CST6CDT

From: "Elizabeth Reese" <reese>
To: artsednet
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 10:28:07 CST6CDT
Subject: Working with Moroles

Friends,

As I mentioned, I had the great pleasure of working with Mr.
Moroles while I was living and working in South Texas... And as
I also mentioned he is a caring and giving artist, always
willing to open up his studio and give his great tour to guests.
He especially enjoys working with students...

I remember the day we went to tape the interview for the Art
Museum of South Texas' tv show, "Art Journeys" and the Getty's
online exhibit and discussion with Jesus Moroles
and Dr. McCarter; we couldn't start until 1:30pm because he was
giving tours to two different high school groups that morning!
He spent the rest of his afternoon with us, talking about his
life, his work, and showing us around his studio...the granite
factory!

Did you know that many of his sculptures weigh as much as a car?

Elizabeth Reese
Marcus Fellow
UNT

And did you know that he owns his own huge trucks to deliver his
work? He wants to oversee every part of his work from conception
to execution to delivery to installation!

Nancy

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas
Denton, TX 76203