From AMC Music-News

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Beth Kanter (kanter)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 21:34:13 -0400

For those of you interested in music education news, here's the latest from
the American Music
Conference list. See the tagline for subscription information . . . enjoy

Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 20:24:51 -0500
From: Bob Morrison <pp002343>
To: AMC Mail List <music-news@amc-music.com>
Subject: AMC Music-News
Sender: owner-music-news@amc-music.com

In this issues of Music-News:

TWO BREAKING MEDIA STORIES TO USE SUPPORTING ARTS EDUCATION!

BUSINESS WEEK ARTS EDUCATION FEATURE ON STANDS NOW

REMINDER: The October 28 issue of Business Week, which goes on
newsstands on Friday (October 18), will contain a special advertising
section devoted to arts education. The section, written by Bruce Boston,
will address the changing needs of the work place and how arts education
builds specific workforce skills that the business community values. The
full text will be available at http://www.businessweek.com

DATELINE NBC TO FEATURE "SMALL WONDERS"

This Sunday, October 20th, Dateline NBC will feature a string program in
Harlem and discuss how the community has rallied around the program. The
status of music and arts education in the New York City area will also
be discussed. Set your VCR's!

--
Bob Morrison
American Music Conference

"Dedicated to the promotion of music, music making and music education to the general public for half a century"

Phone: (703) 648-9440 Fax: (703) 648-9441