Re: innocence to lying

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:33:42 CST6CDT

From: "Jeff Young" <jyoung>
To: artsednet
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:01:02 CST6CDT
Subject: innocence to lying

OK my wonderful friends,

You were such a big help in suggesting artists and images for the
subject of innocence . . . can you help me think of art images
and/or artists who have dealt with the theme of lying? I'm drawing a
blank except for Grant Wood's "Parson Weem's Fable."

My quest is in relation to an assignment I gave to my freshment level
Drawing 1 class to search and build a visual and verbal vocabulary
for a specific theme.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff Young
University of Central Arkansas

Hi, Jeff:

Is deception close enough to lying? If so, how about
Caravaggio's "Cardsharps" and Georges de La Tours' "Cheat with
the Ace of Clubs'?

Nancy

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas