Re: tempera dispensing (fwd)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Betti Longinotti (blongino)
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:02:46 -0400 (EDT)

Replying to Rosa re; glass jars-
Be careful with use of glass jars, especially with young
children. Little hands often drop things accidentally; when glass breaks
it can cause a hazard in the art classrroom, a crucial safety and hazards
issue for the Elementary Art Educator.
I replied just to Alix, but thought all might benefit from my direct
response to him, after reading Rosa's response.

-Betti
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 10:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Betti Longinotti <blongino>
To: Alix Peshette <apeshet>
Subject: Re: tempera dispensing

Alix-
Try using plastic plates that have divisions for the different
food groups. You can obtain these at Wall Mart/ K Mart,...a Dollar
store, etc. They are well worth the investment. They can be stacked,
with the paint in them, if you create a lid for them from cardboard, etc.
Old containers of marjarine, or plastic butter bowls, that have plastic
lids also work well when larger amounts of paint are needed, for
temporary storage. Ask you kids to bring empty ones in, before long
you'll have a wealth of supply. They can be tossed when they become to
nasty to use.
Hope this helps!