Re: Kitch Lover and "Art" Maker

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Lynn Foltz (lfoltz)
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:36:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Leni

I just have to respond to your comment regarding Leung's comment about
the "art" being "made" on the internet with the exchanges from one of the
group to another...
I love the analogy to all of this creating a sculpture and each part (or
post) being added to by another part (post) and creating a sculptural
from from words and thoughts - it could also be compared to a weaving - I
think it is a beautiful idea!
I once knew a museum curator who created art through sending post cards,
the receipents added to or completely changed the post card and mailed it
to another, and so on and so on - the result was a form of art - I forgot
what they called it - and it may have been part of a "movement" or
something - this was about 10 or 15 years ago -- have you heard of
anything like that?? - Anyway, I see similarities here - only through
cyberspace...
Thanks for the thoughts

Lynn