Re: Weaving with Granite

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Nancy Walkup (walkup)
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:24:03 CST6CDT

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:39:56 -0400
From: Mar1b0
To: walkup, artsednet
Subject: Re: Weaving with Granite

Mr. Morales is absolutely right. Everyone can learn skills. All take
science-but how many genius? All however gain insight and satisfaction. As
teachers we must believe that eyes can be trained and drawing skills etc.
taught to facilitate the the integration of the mind. After all, shape, line
, and .color are the first things the human learns to distinguish.

I think Moroles' words reflect art teachers efforts to make
art experiences positive experiences for all students.

Thanks for your comments,

Nancy

Nancy Walkup, Project Coordinator
PO Box 5098, University of North Texas