teaching retarded students

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Barbara Creasy (bcreasy)
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 12:55:48 -0400 (EDT)

> On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Lynne Wilson wrote:
> > I need some information on projects you can use for my special ed classes
> > who are retarded. Do you have any suggestions? Some of them can't even read
> > or write. I have used clay. They don't have a very good attention span.
> > Any suggestions?
> > Lynne
> > lynne@pla-net.net

Hi Lynne,
I teach special ed. As for your retarded students, give them the same
art as you would anyone. If the art involves having to read and write a
lot, it's boring to ALL students. Get them involved! Hands on! For what
it's worth, my special ed students often have better art than "normal"
ones because they are less inhibited, more creative! Have fun! <g>
Barb
bcreasy