Re: Kitch Lover

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Leung Tsz Kwong (tszkwongl)
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 16:17:40 +0800 (HKT)

>Leung Tsz Kwong wrote:
>>
>> >In a message dated 96-10-11 01:18:08 EDT, you write:
>> >
>> ><< we could use these cookie cutter images
>> > to develope aesthetic discussions around high and low art >>
>> >
>> >The above was stated re: cookie-cutter pumpkins.... I'd use them to also
>> >discuss the idea of Kitch art...
>> >
>> >Posing a question.... Is kitch Art the lowest of low art? If not, what is?
>> >
>> >'Leni
>>
>> I quite like the idea of asking question of this sort. Can anyone develop
>> a bit more?
>> like.....
>> What is the highest of high art? How high is it?
>> What is the highest of low art?
>> What is the lowest of high art?
>> Is the highest of low art higher/lower than the lowest of high art?
>> What is ...(still thinking)....
>>
>> Leung Tsz Kwong
>> Hong Kong
>
>Uh oh.... I love the statements of humor Kitch can reflect about our
>world... where do I now stand in this "Hierarchy"
>Why is there a need for High vs Low Art?
>
>Chris
>Christine Merriam, Art Educator
>Kayenta Intermediate School
>Kayenta,AZ 86033

"Why is there a need for High vs Low Art?"
This is also another question which can be asked.

My point is: Asking questions will somehow reflect people's value
judgements and beliefs and at the same time the questions themselves will
induce readers to think critically about art. It may be a fundamental aim
for aesthetic studies, too. So I think asking question is a good exercise
for both teachers and students to execute their aesthetic drivers in mind.

Another crazy thought,
"Are the questions being asked also a sort of art, too?"

Leung Tsz Kwong
Hong Kong