Re: graphics programs for children

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Susan T. Palfrey (stp7msb)
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 18:12:33 -0400

I agree wholeheartedly with Walter's assessment of Printshop. I have
middle school students working in Corel 6 doing pretty sophisticated work.
They love the challenge as well as the options that are available. Fractal
Design "Painter" is also an excellent product as are the Adobe programs.
All three are available on either Mac or PC. The one real advantage of
Corel (for me) is the cost factor. I can afford a PC computer with enough
power and memory to run Corel 6 well. Corel comes with a draw program,
paint program, & other bundled programs. "Painter" is a paint program...
and Adobe has lots of programs, but each are sold separately as far as I
know. The Corel software is also significantly cheaper even with educator
discounts. (Educator discounts are also available for all 3).

----------
> From: Walter Carl Holland <wholland>
> To: FridaArt
> Cc: artsednet
> Subject: Re: graphics programs for children
> Date: Thursday, October 10, 1996 10:18 PM
>
> Printshop is not a graphics progam but rather a cut and paste progam.
> The true programs and some of the best are Adobe products, Fractel
> Designs "Dabbler" (great for students), corel. Add a Wacom board or any
> pen board and the Student really can work in the real world of computer
> graphic design.
>
> On Sun, 6 Oct 1996 FridaArt wrote:
>
> > I am looking for information on what's new and exciting in computer
graphics
> > programs for kids and adolescents. I already know about Printshop
Deluxe, but
> > am wondering if there is anything newer and more sophisticated.
> >
> > Any information will be very helpful. thanks!

  • Reply: Walter Carl Holland: "Re: graphics programs for children"