Re: Kitch

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Scott T Bischoff (bischoff)
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 14:39:11 -0700 (MST)

"Leni,
You asked "what the lowest form of art is..."
To me, kitch is not the lowest form simply because it requires much
thought, mostly justification. The lowest form to me would be that of
reproductions or "sofa" art. True, most educated artist will not call a
reproduction a work of art, but to the uneducated, they see anything that
is aesthetically pleasing as art. The bothers me.

Wanted to interject
Scott