Wow! I had no idea that a question could generate such a wide variety of
responses. I have enjoyed reading through all the viewpoints on this
1. My 4th graders are learning the vocabulary and application of
2. I wanted them to apply their knowledge of color analysis,
line design, and patterns to create a kaliedoscope in 2D
3. I always include cultures and time periods as springboards,
many times an in depth study of a culture such as Japan which
we are now leaving.
4. I was inquiring about suggested connections and see that
science and math are clear connections.
5. I was concerned about the "religious" connotations of Mandalas
even though they are very beautiful.(especially with elementary)
I have learned an important lesson on clarification of thought when posting
to to a listserve. Thank you for all the input.
Lauren H. Killam