Re: kalaidescopes

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Margaret Grosspietsch (Margaret.M.Grosspietsch-1)
Tue, 8 Oct 96 08:08:01 -0500

Regarding Kalaidescopes, Lynn wrote:

> Sorry, I think this sounds like a science project
> At least you are correlating it with some art history - but is it a stretch??

It sounds like there is both a science AND a math connection with kalaidescopes,
and in my humble opinion, that's all the MORE reason to teach it!! Perhaps the
math and/or science teacher could come in and guest lecture too. (??)

(As you may have guessed, I'm a fan of interdisciplinary education... if a
project "stretches" across the boundaries of art, GREAT! Emphasize it; Talk
about the connections....?!?!?) I think someone on this list recently wrote
about how subjects (math, science, art) don't occur in the real world in a
vacuum, and I agree.

Thanks for listening to my 2 cents.
Margaret