Re: music and art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Sara Broers (saralb)
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 20:44:04 -0600 (MDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 1996, Domenic DiFiglia wrote:

> I am a Graduate student working with a 5th grade art class. I was
> interested in creating a lesson plan dealing with artists who use music to
> inspire their work. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas,
> specifically names of artists for the art history part of the lesson.
> -Domenic DiFiglia

--I am currently doing a similar lesson plan. You might look into the
Abstract Expressionist period. (Jackson Pollock) These artists anlong
with the movements on the west coast during this time, had ties to jazz
movements. Or, Rauschenberg and Cage. or, the use of music and art as
part of a ceremony such as with many Native American tribes.
-Sara Broers
Colorado State> >