Re: music and art

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Chris Merriam (ktwnldy.az.us)
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 14:39:57 -0600

Domenic DiFiglia wrote:

> I am a Graduate student working with a 5th grade art class. I was
> interested in creating a lesson plan dealing with artists who use music to
> inspire their work. I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas,
> specifically names of artists for the art history part of the lesson.
> -Domenic DiFigli

Henri Matisse did a great collection of paper cutouts called Jazz.... My
students enjoy viewing the slides and listening to the tape from the
National Gallery loan program. It is free. We then do our own version of
paper cutout collages using the themes from Matisse that relate to the
lives of the students.

Chris Merriam
Kayenta Intermediate Art