Re: artists on games

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Jeff Young (jyoung)
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 12:00:54 CST6CDT

From: dabssw
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 08:24:36 +0800 (HKT)
Subject: artists on games
To: artsednet

>Can any one offer advise?
>I need a few names of artists or designers who depict games in their work or
>address the issues of games (luck, chance, skill, challenge etc).
>Preferably contemporary artists or designers and perhaps those who's work is of
>a more 'abstract' nature. (I know it is difficult to differenciate between
>absration and realisum but in this instance I am forced to).
>Thank you in anticipation of your response.
>Sharon

Sharon,
Whoa, contemporary, abstract, and games? Maybe these, but I have a
feeling it's not what you are looking for.

Graciela Boulanger's "Juego de Domingo"

Carmen Lomas Garza's "Cakewalk" and "Birthday Party" from the book
Family Pictures, Children's Book Press, 1990

Hope this helps,

Jeff Young
University of Central Arkansas