Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 28, 2012

---------

lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Oct 29 2012 - 03:10:12 PDT

Re: electronic report cards
We have been doing online grades for at least 6 or 7 years. I have had up to 700 students as our school is all the third, fourth, and fifth grades in one building. Here is what I do: link my projects to the standards online, enter grades every month, let the program average them out. I also put in comments, about 200 each semester. Our specials have to get grades in at the end of each semester. Usually, we need grades in at least 4 days prior to report cards being printed out, so "Records Day" is not much help with the work load. I usually keep a hard copy of all my grades, bring it home, and enter grades at home. If I had to put a time total on it, I think entering grades takes me about 30 hours a semester.

Sent from my iPad

96fe6bc36f876176@lists.pub.getty.edu