[teacherartexchange] AMAZING Deals on Weya Story Quilts - Zimbabwe

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2012 - 12:18:42 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I can think of so many lesson ideas using these Weya Story Quilts
(Zimbabwe) for inspiration. I bought two of them from Africa Direct.
My ten year old friend really likes them (I met her at the Blood
Drives) - so I know they appeal to kids.

Africa Direct now has some really amazing deals offered on eBay. If I
didn't already have two, I would try to get another.
Here are the eBay ID numbers:
Six panels - Village Life - 370674115665 - staring at $48.00 (more
than 75% off)
Six panels - Village Life - 370674063956 - staring at $49.95 (about 75% off)
Two panels - women of Africa - 370673315221 - staring at only $9.99!
You won't find prices less than this anywhere online. I guarantee you
won't be disappointed in the quality of work.

Africa Direct:
http://www.africadirect.com/
Enter Weya Story Quilt in site search and more will come up.
eBay link:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Africadirect/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
If that doesn't work, there is a link on Africa Direct Home Page.
Actually, all you need to do is go to eBay and enter the ID in the
search box and the quilt to come up.

Zimbabwe Artist Project only has one left - rest are all sold out:
http://zimbabweartistsproject.org/

There are a couple different books about these and other art from
Zimbabwe. Don't remember the title of mine - I loaned it to my 10 year
old friend.
Africa Direct offers "Human Bridges Weya African Quilts Zimbabwe"
http://www.africadirect.com/books/book-human-bridges-weya-african-quilts-zimbabwe.html

My last Tip In pages featured images from my Weye Story Quilts (Theme:
"Some Folks....")

Regards,

Judy Decker
Retired Art Teacher - still with a passion for African Art