Re: [teacherartexchange] ceramics equipment set-up

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2012 - 10:41:18 PDT

On 10/5/2012 7:55 PM, San D Hasselman wrote:
> (word to the wise, make sure they aren't making bongs, which they
will tell you are something else).
San D

Haha! I remember those projects when I taught ceramics! The students
would make effigy vessels with unusual configurations and extensions.
They were often beautifully crafted, so the kiln gods took pity and
simply plugged up the holes rather than smash them. It was hilarious to
watch, out of the corner of my eye, the makers sucking like mad on their
bongs and getting nowhere.

Maggie