[teacherartexchange] ceramics equipment set-up

---------

From: paulette keck (paulettekeck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2012 - 08:45:58 PDT

Hello everyone,

I have finally gotten a ceramics class!!!

However...

Last year we got some grants and ordered a pug mill, slab roller, and wall mount extruder. Everything arrived, but its still sitting in the boxes... We're talking big, expensive, industrial type stuff and no one seems to know how its supposed to get put together. I would usually do it, but considering the cost, I really don't want to take responsibility for it being put together properly, not to mention safely. I've talked to the custodians... They don't do that, the company should send someone to do it. I called dickblick.com where we ordered it from, and they don't know what I'm talking about, but e-mailed me a link to the manuals with directions. I've been calling around to other leads people have given me, but I think I am no closer to a solution.

Also, we have 4 pottery wheels. They only have a on high, and on low for speed settings, with no control peddle. They go pretty slow and are difficult for me to use, so I'm a little worried about the kids being able to learn...

Looking for ideas for either or both problems....

Thanks,
Paulette
BSSWA