[teacherartexchange] Digital photography

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2012 - 08:19:39 PDT

Hi Fran (and all)

I read your post on the Getty list...I too am a long time member but
more of a reader than a "poster"... I teach middle school and high
school art.

I love your art teacher group's once-a-month dinner/exchange idea!

I am in my third year of teaching digital photography. Finally, things
are beginning to gel in this program... It is a high school offering,
but lessons and units could be easily adapted for middle school. If
you'd like to swap ideas, questions, (and maybe just one or two
frustrations now and then) I'd be happy to correspond.

I began teaching in 1972. Took 10 years off [and a couple of
maternity leave years -- back in the day...] to have our four
children. I've been back since then: 5 years in a k-6 school; then
moved here to the middle school/high school (same district) since
1997.

Digital Photography was a great change for me -- sparking new interest
and enthusiasm for a media I love.

You can check out the new (Weebly) website I'm maintaining this year
(below). Students were just beginning to post their work, then the
editing software [PhotoElements] crashed, so now we wait for a
'fix'...

 I welcome feedback!

Margaret Angstadt
http://www.mrudigipix.com/