Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: October 02, 2012

---------

From: Teresa Woodlief (artmom1tw_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2012 - 04:12:20 PDT

To the person who is considering delving into a new career: I retired
from art teaching after 34 years and now work as a museum educator at an
art museum in my city. I coordinate/implement an outreach program in
inner-city schools. I was a good fit for them because I knew how to speak
the language of the public school system. I knew how to incorporate my
program into theirs seamlessly because of my past experiences. Please
consider museum work as a more relaxed but still relevant second career
option.
Terry Woodlief
http://pinterest.com/terryww/
http://kidsartmuseumeducator.blogspot.com