Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] Thanks

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2012 - 19:53:16 PDT

I am working for our state's dept of ed as a coach for districts piloting math and literacy design collaboratives and a new teacher evaluation system.
Something a little different than art with K - 8 students! I've taught math and literacy over the years too - so it really is a good fit.
I found out I got the job my first day back at school... it has been bittersweet. It is hard to leave - I met my husband at the school, taught parents of current students... our boys played in the halls when we worked on the weekends...
but I'm glad I get to try something a little different.
Our youngest started college last year so this is the time to try something - I don't know that I would have made a change when our kids were home.
There were several times I thought about changing careers - but the pros of my job outweighed the pros of changing. The past few years I looked into going back to school (thought about tech education), I took some Saturday classes on peer coaching... so I know I was ready to do something else.... I just didn't know what.