[teacherartexchange] Thanks

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2012 - 20:11:10 PDT

Everyone -
After 32 years, I taught my last art class on Friday. (New job, I haven't retired.)

As I was packing up my room (what a job!!!), I ran across so many projects that were inspired by the Getty list. My favorite artifact is a notebook from our round robin 15+ years ago. Several of us prepared notebooks of lessons, photos, and assessments and mailed them round-robin style for an entire year. I remember some discussion about postage - but you have to remember... only a few people had websites (Bunki and Woody among them - not to offend anyone... but my mind is a blank... I can remember going to other websites... just not the names!)
And emailing a photo was risky (it could crash your account!)...so the notebooks were a treat I waited for every month.

My school is a one-school district, so being able to connect to other art teachers on this list was such a lifesaver.
I'm sad the mail has all but stopped... but there are so many resources out there I understand why.

I just wanted to say thank you.
Ellen