Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Art ideas to auction off at school fundraisers

From: rie.create (rie.create_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2011 - 09:05:51 PDT

Great idea with furniture decorating :) Another low budget yet sellable project could be magazine/paper beaded bracelets/necklaces - or small paper mosaics; hanging paper crane strings- or origami star garlands. People LOVE this stuff! Especially the stars being that we are approaching the holidays. Ten Thousand Villages sell out of these beauties In Nov/Dec:

I think the proceeds should go towards funding for the proper kiln plug!!

Good luck to you Emily!

On Oct 29, 2011, at 11:47 AM, "Emily Stuver" <> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Thank you all for letting me know that I'm not the only one out there running around with my head cut off, trying to get one class finished and at the same time, set up for the next group. Usually can't walk the next day...:) I wanted to ask you all if you had any ideas for art projects that I can suggest to our silent auction committee. Every year, they ask the parents to make something with the kids that will then be up for auction in the spring. This year, they've asked me to do something to help because last year, many items didn't sell. I have shared with them my reservations about holding the art that they've done in art class hostage until a parent can purchase it it is unethical and feels just plain wrong. However, I do need to suggest things for our spring silent auction/online auction. I have collected a few pieces of furniture to have the kids decorate. Now I have the other 16 classes to plan for and each project has to be different. The principal would like more individual pieces so the art is more affordable and more people can buy them. We have a kiln but the district is adamant about charging us $14,000 to hook up the proper plug for it, so a ceramics sale is out (that would be my choice.) Any ideas?
> Thanks to a wonderful community of art educators! I really appreciate your support!
> ~Emily

To unsubscribe go to