[teacherartexchange] Art ideas to auction off at school fundraisers

---------

From: Emily Stuver (emstuver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Oct 29 2011 - 08:47:21 PDT

Hi All,

Thank you all for letting me know that I'm not the only one out there
running around with my head cut off, trying to get one class finished and at
the same time, set up for the next group. Usually can't walk the next
day...:) I wanted to ask you all if you had any ideas for art projects that
I can suggest to our silent auction committee. Every year, they ask the
parents to make something with the kids that will then be up for auction in
the spring. This year, they've asked me to do something to help because
last year, many items didn't sell. I have shared with them my reservations
about holding the art that they've done in art class hostage until a parent
can purchase it .....as it is unethical and feels just plain wrong.
However, I do need to suggest things for our spring silent auction/online
auction. I have collected a few pieces of furniture to have the kids
decorate. Now I have the other 16 classes to plan for and each project has
to be different. The principal would like more individual pieces so the art
is more affordable and more people can buy them. We have a kiln but the
district is adamant about charging us $14,000 to hook up the proper plug for
it, so a ceramics sale is out (that would be my choice.) Any ideas?

Thanks to a wonderful community of art educators! I really appreciate your
support!
~Emily