[teacherartexchange] oil pastel resist

---------

From: Chantal Pinnow (chantalpinnow_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Oct 27 2011 - 05:03:49 PDT

I love the oil pastel resist. I have always done a similar project using tempera paint. We do the chalk outlines, paint the spaces with tempera paint, cover the entire area with ink and then wash the ink off. The look may come off faded, so some students touch up areas with tempera paint that they want to be brighter (some like the faded look). I love this project because everyone can be successful. I think I may try the oil pastel version this year.Chantal

http://artbychantal.com