Re: [teacherartexchange] Moon Art?

---------

From: Linda Kieling (go4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Oct 26 2011 - 11:01:16 PDT

I first thought of crayon batiks!

The 8th grade science teacher and I collaborated for a number of
years. Her students created a journal of moon observations. I created
a simple ppt of images of the moon by both artists and scientists.( I
am happy to share it if you email me off group). The students explored
 6 different media and then chose one to create an artwork about the
moon. Over the years choices included charcoal, flip books, yarn
paintings, crayon batik, Styrofoam printing, and chalk drawings,

creatively, Linda
(middle school in Oregon)